- PracticePlanet™ Correlation to the Louisiana Educational Assessment Program and Integrated Louisiana Educational Assessment Program
PracticePlanet is a dynamic online test practice program that raises tests scores by giving students practice on test taking strategies and continuously refreshing their memory on the skills that will appear on their high stakes state tests.
Louisiana PracticePlanet assessment questions are aligned to the June 2005 LEAP Assessment Guides, which were published or approved on:
- All Standards - 2005
Louisiana's PracticePlanet test items are intended to help students prepare for the Louisiana Educational Assessment Program and Integrated Louisiana Educational Assessment Program (LEAP and iLEAP), focusing on the following subjects and grades:
- Math Grades 3-8, Language Arts Grades 3-8
Louisiana PracticePlanet's correlation was completed using the June 2005 LEAP Assessment Guides, which can be accessed at: http://www.doe.state.la.us/lde/saa/2273.html.
- Download the Louisiana Correlation Booklet: LouisianaPPcorr.pdf
Why is PracticePlanet’s Louisiana Educational Assessment Program and Integrated Louisiana Educational Assessment Program Practice Effective?
- Targeted Practice: Aligned to the June 2005 LEAP Assessment Guides
- Repetition: Provides repeated exposure to specific content
- Skill Retention: Aids in recalling skills
- Test Performance Strengthening: Reduces the stress of retrieving information
- Progress Monitoring: Provides pre- and posttests that measure students’ progress
- Performance-based Content: Gives positive reinforcement for achieving skill mastery
- Engages Students: Encourages students, through gaming, to attain better test and practice scores without interfering with time-on-task
What are the Advantages of PracticePlanet’s Data Aggregation System?
- Instant Data: Manages student data automatically
- Critical Results: Provides results crucial to individualized intervention and classroom instruction
- Real-Time Progress: Keeps students up-to-date on how they are doing
- Performance Predictions: Suggests how students will perform on the LEAP and iLEAP
- LEAP and iLEAP Skill Performance Overview: Shows which LEAP and iLEAP-aligned skills students should focus on with easy-to-use reports
What Does PracticePlanet’s Efficient Management System and Online Accessibility Offer?
- More Time: Frees up class time for content instruction
- Customized Learning Environments: Allows educators to choose the amount of time spent on tests, practice, and games
- Parental Involvement: Gives parents access to their child’s data at home
- Flexibility: Provides access to practice anytime and anywhere with an Internet connection
Correlation Update: 1/8/2008